Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Pride and Joy of Summer.



















To me this is summer! Eating oatmeal on my back deck, looking at the wonder of all the beautiful colors and textures, before I fly out the door to go to work. Enjoying the beauty of our hard work is just a nice calming way to start my morning, or just a nice place to sit on a moss rock and ponder whatever. I love our cancans fir trees because their branches are sparse like the ones I see in the mountains, but with very soft needles. I always think of them as my Charlie Brown Christmas trees. They get pink pine cones every other spring that eventually turn purple then brown. How cool is that!
The other bright spot in our garden is my concord grape vine. I can't wait till its a monster, and yields gobs of grapes....someday!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Rock-
It's looks even more gorgeous than last October when we were there! I don't think I'll ever be able to accomplish a garden of that magnitude! I tend to kill plants, very unintentionally of course!
Are you two heading our way anytime soon?

Joyce said...

Your garden is simply breathtaking. It's something to be real proud of. Your hard work really shows. Hmmmmmm I wonder who you acquired your green thumb from? :-) Love ya.

tracycharmed said...

Are you available for hire? Just kidding!!!!!