Monday, September 29, 2008

"Hey look...I'm in a hub cap!"

I couldn't resist the opportunity to creatively combine two things that I sincerely enjoy; old cars and photography. Last Saturday, Paul and I went to the little car show here in Brighton. I don't really consider myself a "car chick" yet, but there is just something about the 1950's model GMC trucks that I just love, and would really consider getting one someday to restore. My husband might be somehow activating a grease-monkey gene in my blood that I didn't know existed. Hmmm. Anyway, it got me thinking about what we enjoy, and the things that we don't get to do enough of. Sometimes, again when my brain is probably left too long to itself, I start to think to myself, I only get to live this life once. Am I going to look back and wonder why I didn't use more of my time to pursue happiness, life experiances, and other worthy things, instead of worrying about the things in life that can so easily beset us at times? There are times for being down, but I find often that the best pick me up is letting myself , and sometimes forcing myself to do those things which bring a good experiance into my life. Sometimes it's just as simple as getting some good ol' "retail therapy". But more often, its doing the things that remind you of who you really are inside, and enjoying the things that make you, you.

For me, right now I like seeing how many yummy things I can make with pumpkin. I'm wild about pumpkins for whatever reason, and look foreward to going to the pumpkin patch again this year. There's alot more I enjoy, but I don't want to bore everyone!

SO, what do YOU enjoy? Seriously, I'm curious!!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Things that I enjoy... thats kinda hard to think about at this time in my life, maybe that's why I should. I love to hear my kids laugh. Not just a giggle but a full on belly laugh. I also enjoy paying off a bill. Nothing feels better then not owing money anymore to anybody. Wired I know but you asked. Love you two.

Anonymous said...

I love uninterrupted creativity -- when something just flows and you step back and say "wow, that came from MY brain?"

I also love my mattress warmer and am actually happy that I get to start using it now on these chilly nights! Just "pre-heat" and yum!

Mrs.Smith said...

Sleep.
Quiet time.
Children - Especially when they're happy.
Baby laughs.
Playing games with good friends.
My house being clean.
A good book, a good song, a good chat.

People who ask for input like this.
:)

Anonymous said...

Hey P & V! You've both been tagged. See my blog for details!